I’m an AWAI-trained direct response copywriter who writes mainly for online learning and training organizations.
Direct response marketing is not about creativity, originality, or winning fancy advertising awards. It’s about selling products. Period.
I bring direct response copywriting concepts to every project. Concepts like the power of short, attention-grabbing headlines, the importance of uncovering your prospect’s core buying emotion, the necessity of writing a compelling lead, and making sure the body of your sales letter includes the 4 P’s: promise, picture, proof, and push.
I have 15 years experience teaching English as a Second Language and have completed numerous eLearning programs including,
- FreeCodeCamp’s Front-End Web Development program.
- Udacity’s Digital Marketing Nanodegree.
- Thinkful’s Front End Basics.
- AWAI’s Accelerated Program For Six-Figure Copywriting.
- AWAI’s Master Program For Six-Figure Copywriting.
- An MA in Library and Information Science from the University of Wisconsin’s iSchool.
My teaching background and years of experience as an online learner give me a unique perspective on the eLearning industry. They also help make my research and writing more in-depth.
But that’s not all…
I also have a sales background. I’ve sold copy machines, cable TV, insurance, and even season tickets to the opera. I made good money because I know how to sell and that’s all copywriting really is…just selling with words.